French Revolution Video
3. What was Robespierre called?
4. What was Robespierre's weapon?
5. How many miles is Versailles from Paris? 9
6. How old was Louis Capet on the eve of his wedding? 15
7. What are some the words used to describe Louis?
8. Where was Louis's bride from? Austria
9. How old was Marie Antoinette on her wedding? 14
10. What has the neglect of the French monarchy left the French people?
11. What is growing bigger every day? deficit
12. How does Louis XV die? Smallpox
13. How old was Louis when he became king? 20
14. What "above all" did Rousseau, Voltaire champion?
Liberty and Equality
15. How much French money did Louis give the American Revolution?
16. What was Marie obsessed with? fashion
17. What is the job of the queen?
To produce a male heir
18. How many children to Louis and Marie have? 4
19. How much bread did the average person eat per day? 2 lbs
20. How much did a loaf of bread soon cost?
21. What do Robespierre and the third estate demand from the First and Second Estates?
22. How many of the king's troops had moved into Paris by July? 30,000
23. What colors are in the "tri-color"?
Blue, White, Red
24. What did they do with the head of the governor of the Bastille?
25. What does Louis XVI write in his diary on July 14, the day of the Storming of the
26. What do they do to the Bastille after the people's victory?
27. Who was not mentioned in the Declaration of the Rights of Man?
28. What is the Marat answer to the people who are against the revolution?
29. What were the women protesting about on October 5?
30. What did Marie Antoinette supposedly say when she heard about the women protesting?
“Let them eat cake” (she never really said this)
31. How many people were camped outside the palace by morning?20,000Name: Period:
32. Who did the people storming the palace want to get?
33. When they leave Versailles with the royal carriage, how many people are there?60,000
34. What had the people done with the king's guards? Killed them
35. What type of government does France now have? Constitutional Monarchy
36. Where do the king and queen get caught when they try to escape? Varennes
37. What does Robespierre rail against?
38. What is the nickname of the guillotine?
39. Who does the Assembly want to the declare war against? Austria
40. Who else joined in the invasion against the France? Prussia
41. What type of government does France take after the attack on Louis's guards? Republic
42. What did the skilled workers refuse to wear?
Knee Breeches (Sans-Culottes)
43. What does Marat want the people to do the political prisoners?
44. How many people were killed during the September Massacres? 1,600
45. What is the usual penalty for treason? Death
46. What does Louis trust that his death will be for? Happiness of France
47. How many heads did Marat now want to fall? 200,000
48. What did Charlotte Cordae hope to achieve by murdering Marat? Peace
49. How old is Marie Antoinette when she is placed on trial? 38
50. What is the final charge at Marie's trial? incest
51. What sentence did Marie Antoinette receive? death
52. How was Marie taken to the guillotine?
53. How did the Committee of Public Safety rule France, as a collective what? Dictatorship
54. Who did they have to stamp out the power of?
55. How many days were in a week on the revolutionary calendar? 10
56. Who is the brilliant new commander of the French army? Napoleon
57. What is the new type of government does Robespierre want to start? A Republic of
58. How many executions were happening per month in Paris during the "Great Terror"? 800
59. What is the name of the festival that Robespierre celebrated forming a new religion?
The Festival of the Supreme Being
60. What happened to Robespierre when he tried to commit suicide?
61. What day was Robespierre executed?
62. What is the question raised by the French Revolution?
63. What are the three words that the French Revolution stood for?