Welcome to the ‘60s! During this Web Quest, you will be traveling back in time (via the Internet) to the world of the 1960s to explore the events and cultural trends that made this time period so unique. Follow the directions and enjoy your journey!
The next stop on our tour of the 1960s is to look at the Fads and Fashion during this period. 1. Describe some of the fashion trends during this time period (what were people wearing). Include an image with each description.
2. List 3 popular toys from the 1960’s with images.
3. What was the average salary during the 1960s?
4. What was the national debt?
5. What was the life expectancy for males and females?
Another area that changed dramatically during the 1960’s is art and cultural. Use the links below to find out about the changes.
1. List two cultural changes that occurred in literature written during the 1960s.
2. What influenced American art during the 1960s?
3. Describe the artist Andy Warhol and his cultural revolution of “pop art”. Include some images of pop art from the decade.
THE COUNTERCULTURE “HIPPIES” MOVEMENT
http://www.ehow.com/about_5375320_history-hippie-movement.html The 1960s were a time of great change in the United States – one of the biggest changes was the emergence of “hippies” and a generation of youth who rebelled against traditional culture. Follow the link to learn a little more about this counterculture movement.