3. What about Z’s attitude makes him stand apart from everyone else? (add answers as
the film progresses)
4. What actions does Z perform to illustrate his nonconformity?
5. What is Insectopia? Why is so special?
6. What idea does Z try to spread throughout the hive?
7. What are the three classes or groups in Antz?
Antz and Anthem Character Comparison: List the character that is similar in Anthem to the
Antz character listed below.
8. Z = Ant at the Bar =
9. Bala = Barbatus =
10. Insectopia = Weaver =
Who Said it: Using the list of characters in the box, determine who said the following lines.
Azteca Bala Barbatus
Cutter General Mandible
Queen Weaver Z
11. ______________ “Don’t make my mistake kid. Don’t follow orders your whole life.
Think for yourself.”
12. ______________ “I’m supposed to do everything for the colony. What about my
13. ______________ “Come on Z. Help us build a bigger, stronger colony, and for
14. ______________ “Don’t you ever think for yourself Cutter?”
15. ______________ “Everyone has their place, Bala.”
Directions: Record as many similarities and differences you can recall between the novel and the film.