1. In what country does [Brave New World] take place?
b.) United States
2. Who escorts the student technicians through the hatchery?
a.) the President
b.) the Prime Minister
c.) the Supervisor
d.) the Director
3. How many main castes are there?
5. What is the name of the process that splits embryos for development?
a.) Bokanovsky Process
b.) Viviparous Process
c.) Romonavsky Process
d.) Fertilization Process
6. What are the institutions responsible for hatching the human beings of Huxley's world?
a.) European Hatchery and Work Centre
b.) Central London Hatchery and Conditioning Centre
c.) European Centre for Creation and Classification
d.) World Order Hatchery and Class Creation
7. Which caste of humans is considered the lowest?
8. Which two items are baby Deltas conditioned to shun?
a.) stuffed animals and country sports
b.) books and daisies
c.) flowers and stuffed animals
d.) books and roses
9. When does hypnopaedia take place?
a.) during conditioning exercises
b.) during play
c.) not at all
d.) during sleep
10. What is the name of the hallucinatory drug administered to each person by the state?
11. What is Bernard Marx's main shortcoming?
a.) his physique
b.) his mind
c.) his shyness
d.) his status
1. What is the motto of the “new world?” (Knowledge – 1 mark)
2. What is the deal with Ford? Who is he? Why is he picked by the author to begin the future? (T/I – 1 mark, Communication – 2 marks)
3. Describe Helmholtz Watson. Why are he and Bernard alike? (Communication – 2 marks, T/I – 2 marks)
4. Bernard is not completely conditioned. How do we know this? (T/I – 2 marks)
Application – 6 marks
5. Choose 2 of the fictional examples and complete the chart accordingly. Use information that you have read, and that has been discussed in class.