1. Orwell’s use of animal imagery
2. Newspeak: goal, method and new
4. Orthodoxy: definition and
5. Parsons: description, occupation,
1. What constitutes human dignity?
2. How is man torn between the
desire to conform and the desire
to be an individual?
3. To what extent does technology
improve peoples’ lives and to
what extent does it damage
4. Does absolute power corrupt
5. Is it possible to do great good
with power and not misuse it,
Choose one aspect of Orwell’s futuristic society and document how Orwell’s vision in 1984 is evident in contemporary America.
- take a position on the given information
- how does this situation concern the
- how should society resist Big Brother?
Kurt Vonnegut’s Player Piano (alternative novel)