A. its form of government
B. its large population
C. its type of climate
D. its geographic location
B. The people were being persecuted by soldiers of the Soviet Union.
C. The Chernobyl river was diverted so there was no drinking water.
D. The area was under water because of the construction of a dam
A. The use of tariffs has increased trade.
B. Trade among member nations has decreased.
C. More people now make full use of their country's resources.
D. The exchange of goods among the members has become easier.
D. Constitutional Monarchy
13. The European Union (EU) was established in the 1990s. Which of the following is a goal of the EU?
A. to create a single European currency
B. to endorse a single European language
C. to provide military aid to European countries experiencing civil war
D. to protect western European countries from formerly communist countries
14. What is one of the goals of the European Union (EU), which was established in the 1990s?
A. It is a special stock market for European businesses.
B. It provides better training for people wanting to run businesses.
C. It provides its members with military protection from foreign attack.
D. It is a system to remove tariff barriers and open trade between countries.
15. This group was created in 1993 for the purpose of creating a single economic market in which there are no barriers to trade, services, or capital among the member states.
A. Warsaw Pact
B. European Union
C. North Atlantic Treaty Organization
D. South East Asian Treaty Organization
Parliament holds real power
Prime minister is leader of Parliament
The statement above describe which country’s government?
20. All of the following nations use the euro as their official currency EXCEPT ______________.
B. the Holocaust.
28. After World War II, which countries stood alone as the world’s two superpowers?
31. What happened after the collapse of the Soviet Union?