Meeting Title January 2016 Board Meeting Date



Download 81.41 Kb.
Date09.06.2016
Size81.41 Kb.
#79399



Meeting Title

January 2016 Board Meeting




Date

Monday January 11, 2016




Time

Start time: not noted

End time: not noted

Location

City Hall-Albertville




Attendees

☒ Brad Meyer (President)

☒ Scott Dorenbush (Vice President)

☒ Jason Brett (Treasurer)

☐ Marilyn Swanson (Secretary)

☒ Heather Landon (Director of Boys LAX Program)

☐ Becky Dulac (Registration Director and Communications Director/Webmaster)

☒ Christy May (Coaching Director)

☒ Eric Erlandson (Equipment/Apparel Director and Scheduling/Field Director)

OPEN POSITION (Fundraising/Sponsorship Director)

OPEN POSTION (Volunteer Director)

OPEN POSTION (Director of Girls LAX Program)

☒ Stephen Simpson (STMA HS Boys LAX Coach)

☐ Jillian Anderson (STMA HS Girls LAX Coach)

Guest(s): Robin Luther









Meeting Overview

Facilitator(s)

Time

Expected Outcome




Review agenda

Brad Meyer




  • Brief overview of the agenda and key discussions.




Review action items

See notes next to each action item



Brad Meyer




  • Update action item list from last meeting







Agenda Item

Facilitator(s)

Time

  • Expected Outcome

Agenda Item

Approve December 2015 Meeting Minutes

All Members




  • Approval of meeting notes

  • December 2015 Meeting Notes - Approved

Agenda Item

Treasurer Update

Jason Brett




  • Review of bank account funds

Review of Treasurer Report = +$8032.08

  1. 1099 went out (for tournament – ref/arbiter fee)

  2. Email from Stephen Simpson to Athletic Director Benson regarding reimbursed funds from HS to association

    1. Jason to double check his email box –

    2. Brad requesting turnaround in 10 days.

  3. 2015 – Jason has been chatting with accountant and collecting all info for financial review




Agenda Item

REMAINING OPEN POSITIONS


All Members


  • Fill open positions

  • Girls Director:

  • Fundraising/Sponsorship Director:

  • Volunteer Director:

Agenda Item

Girls LAX Program


All Members




  • New communication from Coach Anderson

  • Scott received an email from Jill that she is putting together elementary and middle school clinics with Augsburg. Not sure where this will be held (STMA or Augsburg).

  • Spring Season dates are now posted on MSLAX website

    • Spring Season is April 11 – May 27

    • Team Registration through MSLax opens Feb 2 – March 4

    • Scheduling mtg will be March 13 at the St Louis Park Rec Center @ noon

    • Spring Tourney is June 4-5 in Orono

Agenda Item

Equipment Update

Eric Erlandson




  • Spring Season Ordering Needs

  • With season moving up - need to look at uniform needs

    • Ordered in March of last year, and received in April so need to figure about 6 weeks earlier this year

    • Becky should have #s for box by January 31. Will bring to Feb 1 meeting. We’ll discuss how many to order at Feb meeting

    • Shorts will be available through the apparel store

      • Not required for Spring

      • Box games are March & April

      • Summer is May & June

    • Consider adding a size needed ‘box/response’ on registration – unable to do for box but will do for summer

  • Eric has reached out to Jon @ General Sports

Agenda Item

Spring Program Offering

Heather Landon




  • Get Registration opened

  • Heather will register 5 teams for box (U9, U11, two U13, U15), the 9/10 team and will look for practice sites




  • Registration

    • Box is ready to go through ngin – Becky had a few questions. Christy waiting for reply on when to review the questions

    • Heather has email ready to go to assoc with year update, she will connect with Becky




  • Verbiage to be added to the website

    • Refunds

    • Player move-up

    • Registration dates

    • Open tomorrow – close January 31

Agenda Item

NW Acceleration

Christy/Becky




  • Get additional players

  • Only 6 players signed up – need 12

  • NEED TO SEND WEEKLY

  • Christy to send to Robin Luther to send to the HS booster members

  • Heather will assist in sending out to association members

Agenda Item

Dome Time

Heather




  • Reserve Dome Time

  • Heather will call around for dome time

  • Will also call Monticello Community Center & Buffalo Community Center for time

  • Calling Ice arena – when does ice come out?

  • Call around to local warehouses in STMA area as well as Rogers – can we rent for one month?

    • We need to review lease agreement for insurance purposes

Agenda Item

Coaching Update

Christy May




Coaching Clinics and Coaching Update

  • Coaching update

  • Two coaches requested to attend US Lacrosse coaching Level 2 clinic for $90. Christy requesting association to pay the fee.

    • Approved by board

  • Homegrown Lacrosse will have a coach’s clinic in March and we will send all coaches who want to go.

    • Christy to send out to all parents in the association so any parent who wants to attend will be allowed to go. The intent of this is to help build our coaching base in the community

    • We need to grow our coaching base through our parents & community

  • What are coaches currently certified at? Christy will send email to coaches and ask.

  • Simpson would like to sit down with coaches and discuss what he’d like them to do at U9, U11, U13 and U15

    • Christy to work with Simpson and will cc: Heather

  • Christy presented a spreadsheet with confirmed coaches for box. Still reaching out to 3-4 coaches for U9, U13 & girls

    • Will continue working for summer coaches

Agenda Item

9/10 Team (HS)







  • Update on 9/10 team

  • Coach Simpson gave group an overview:

    • Can only field 24 players for varsity, 24-26 players for jv and they rotate as necessary

    • Simpson does not believe in cutting players so looking at a 9/10 team as other area schools do this

      • Does NOT want to lose the youngsters. We have GREAT talent.

    • Practice starts in April, with tryouts in late March.

      • 4 days of try-outs….cannot tell a player they did not make varsity or jv until the second day of practice

      • Tried to get through the school and the AD said no - apparently this was not part of the agreement when the team moved to the HS from the association

    • All money collected by the school (through TIES) will be refunded and Simpson will funnel the dollars to the association

    • Uniforms will be handled by the booster (as they have to meet HS regulation)

    • Scheduling for games is in March through MBSLA

    • NGIN will open up registration in April for 9/10 team and will strictly be for registration costs. Heather to look cost up 1/12/16

    • Board approved to help

    • Kari Terway or Tammy Bong will be booster liaison’s to the association

      • This is so new - there is no way we can over communicate




Agenda Item

Meat Raffles

Scott Dorenbush




  • Meat Raffle at Liberty 2/21/16

  • Feb 21 - Meat Raffle at Liberty

    • We need association members to attend this fundraiser or we won’t get another opportunity

  • Email to be sent out once a week – Christy to do

    • MN Wild game at 2:30p and win some meat

    • Everyone gets a free drink ticket!

    • Dollars will go to the general fund for STMA Youth Lacrosse

    • Drawing for Wild Jersey for those who come out?

      • Scott D to check on this

Agenda Item

GNLL Summer Tournament

Scott Dorenbush




  • Preparation for Tournament

  • GNLL Summer Tournament

    • We will be hosting – email confirmed by Homegrown to Scott D

      • U9, U11, U13 and U15

    • Will reach out to a couple of food trucks

    • Volunteer Hours – WE WILL NEED A LOT

      • Need spreadsheets at the ready at the parent meeting

        • Review hours PER PLAYER requirement

        • Review volunteer check amount requirement





Action Item Description

Owner(s)

Due

Status

Comments

1

STMA High School Lacrosse Booster funds owed to STMA Association

Brad/Jason

10 days from 1/11. 1/21/16

Ongoing

Brad to meet with HS Head Coach, Stephen Simpson and A.D. Brian Benson for update on Booster Club outstanding amount owed.
STMA High School Lacrosse Booster funds owed to STMA Association = $3869.38

2

9/10 Team cost look up

Heather to help 9/10 Team

1/12/16

In Process




3

Updated from Gen Sports for Uniforms for Spring

Eric

2/1/16

In Process

Eric to get timelines for ordering uniforms to have them here for Spring season. (March)

4

Open Registration Via the Lax Website

Christy/Becky/Heather

1/13/16

In Process

Open Registration

5

Register teams for Spring 2016 –

(U9, U11, two U13, U15), the 9/10 team



Heather

Before 1/31/16

In Process




6

Reserve Dome time

Heather/Eric

2/1/16

In Process




7

Set Parents Mtg for End of Mid/End of Feb

Christy/Marilyn/Heather

02/1/16

In Process

Reach out to Jess Buskey for cafeteria time at MSE, Review PPT, Prepare volunteer sheets, etc

8

GNLL Summer Tournament

ALL

2/1/16

In Process

Reach out to food trucks. Spreadsheets for volunteer hours. Hours per player. $$ for parents volunteer checks.

9

MN Acceleration

Christy

ASAP

In Process

Christy to send to Robin Luther to send to the HS booster members.

Send weekly communication. 6 spots remain open



10

REQUESTED VIA EMAIL 1/13/16 two days after board meeting: Girls Clinic with Augsburg (Per Coach Jill Anderson)

Christy/Becky

ASAP

In Process

Set up NGIN registration through board vs through Jill Anderson. NGIN setup will take at least 1 week. Need to check on timing with Jill and if board approves this to happen.

11

$10 check for Brad for Key to City Hall

Jason/Brad

12/7/15

In Process

Jason Brett to get $10 check for Brad for Key to City Hall

12

Inventory of equipment.


Eric

2/1/15

In Process

Eric to get Scotts spreadsheet with jersey information and equipment information.

13

LAX Bylaws Review

ALL

2/1/15

In Process

All Members to review and submit final changes at December 7th 2015 board meeting. Once finalized, changes will be made and new By Laws will be posted to website.

14

Create General Admin Email

Becky, Christy

2/1/15

In Process

Get general admin email set up for people to email in to and for us to email out of.

15

Spring Registration

Becky, Christy

1/13/16

In Process

Get place for existing number created prior to Spring Registration.
If they are keeping jerseys have a place where you can enter their current jersey information so we don’t give out or produce duplicate numbers.

16

Meat Raffle

Scott, Becky

Ongoing

Ongoing

Posted on website. Becky sending out emails.

17

Open Positions to fill

  • Girls Director

  • Fundraising/Sponsorship Director

  • Volunteer Director

ALL

Ongoing

Ongoing

Recruiting to fill positions? How else can we get LAX members/parents to want to be a part of the board and take on these positions?

18

Purchasing boxes for 2016 fields

Eric

2/1/16

On Hold

Re-address in February at board meeting. Order to have for March/April.

19

Larger or Additional storage units


Eric

2/1/16

On Hold

Eric will assess after fall season and equipment inventory is taken after fall season.

20

New members and current members


ALL

12/7/15

Complete

Contact Christy May if there are issues. Check access to Administration rights to website.

21

LAX Gear Bags

Scott, Becky

11/6/15

Complete

Becky to post flyer or link that Scott provides to the website. Send email to all LAX parents as well.


22

NW Acceleration


Scott/Becky

11/9/15

Complete

Becky to post flyer or link that Scott provides to the website. Send email to all LAX parents as well.

23

Brad has requested that Jason breakdown how much our total fees for fall lacrosse vs. incoming payments per player by November board meeting

Jason

11/2/15

Completed

Completed

24

Cory has asked the board to post on the website; SPRINKLER BLOWOUT. All Pro is offering

Becky

10/6/15

Completed

Completed



Page



Download 81.41 Kb.

Share with your friends:




The database is protected by copyright ©essaydocs.org 2023
send message

    Main page