7.9 A Students will analyze the characteristics of objects in our solar system that allow life to exist such as proximity to the Sun, presence of water, and composition of the atmosphere.
atmosphere solar system comet asteroid
meteoroid organic astrobiology gravitational pull
rocket space probe space shuttle slingshot effect
Sir Isaac Newton artificial satellite
1. Watch movie Apollo 13 - Discuss all the accommodations that are made for the astronauts including how they sleep, eat, go to the restroom, have their body systems monitored etc.
1. Read Section 7.1 Life in the Solar System (textbook)
2. Review the planets in our solar system. Discuss definition of a solar system. Add sheet to journal and color. Add notes to journal.
3. Read 7.2 Human Space Travel
4. Watch PowerPoint Things to Consider When Leaving Earth
5. Discuss the conditions that make life possible on Earth. Discuss the possibility of life on other planets.