Ex. 7 Work in pairs. Discuss the following questions: 1. Is 27 hours a week too much?
2. Is it better to access the Internet via a computer or tablet?
3. Do you prefer watching TV shows on a tablet or TV?
4. What do you think of surfing online on a TV?
5. What do you think of accessing the Internet on a smart watch?
6. What would life be like without the Internet?
7. What more will we be able to do online in the future?
Ex. 8 Now your turn to make questions using these prompts. Practise asking and answering the questions. Example: When/first/use the Internet When did you first use the Internet? 1. What type of internet connection/have at home?
2. How fast/your Internet connection?
3. How much/pay for broadcast access?
4. How often/access the Internet?
5. Do/use your mobile phone to access the Internet?
6. Do/use the Internet in public spaces using Wi/Fi?
7. Do/play games online?
8. How many newsgroups/subscribe to?
Speaking Ex. 9 Imagine your partner is new to using the Internet. Explain to him how to reach a website. The following words/word combinations might be helpful.