4. Please leave your name and telephone number. We will get back to you as soon as we can. Wait for the _____and then speak.
6. A machine which answers the telephone for you is a _____.
7. - The phone is ringing.
- OK, I'll _____it.
9. The continuous sound you hear when you pick up a phone is called the dialing_____.
11. I've been trying to phone him all morning, but I just can't get_____.
12. We were in the middle of an important conversation when we were suddenly cut_____.
1. A phone that you carry around with you is _____.
2. If the person you want to talk to is not there, you can leave a _____.
3. If people phone and try to sell me something I don't want, I hang_____.
5. To talk to someone on the phone, you make a telephone _____.
8. To end a telephone conversation by putting the receiver down. (2 words)