- Even the Indians had laughed at the colonial lack of unity.
- The British called an inter-colonial Congress to meet in Albany. NY near Iroquois Indian territory.
- Only 7 colonies sent delegates.
- The cartoon was published one month prior to the Congress.
- Britain rejected the Albany Plan of Union because they said it gave the colonies too much independence.
- It was rejected by the colonies because it did not give enough independence.
Levels of thinking using questioning based on Bloom’s Taxonomy
Knowledge/Remember (Mastery) 1. Who drew the cartoon? ____________________________________________
Comprehension/Understanding (Magnifying Glass)
2. Explain why the colonies felt threatened in 1 754? _________________________________________
3. Why is the snake segmented? __________________________________________________________
Use/Application (Band-Aid) 4. Franklin suggests that if the snake’s segments are joined, this will happen. ______________________
5. What would happen if the segments were not joined? _______________________________________
8. Why is Virginia “twisted”? _________________________________________________________
9. Why is South Carolina last? (remember that Georgia had been founded in 1732)