1. In the beginning of the episode, what differences does Secretary of State Thomas Jefferson have with Secretary of Treasury Alexander Hamilton?
2. What frustrations did John Adams have with the role of the Vice President?
3. When Abigail and John Adams were talking to Jefferson, what was the danger of France’s situation?
4. Who is killed in effigy by the guillotine?
5. What does Hamilton say to the French diplomat about the treaty with France?
6. What does Jefferson say about impartiality when talking to Adams?
7. Who is appointed to be the chief negotiator for peace between the United States and Britain?
8. Where was John Quincy Adams (John Adams’ son) sent to be ambassador for the U.S?
9. How does the Jay Treaty pass in the Senate? What was the reaction of the American people? WHY?
10. When Washington resigns after two terms, what allegations does Jefferson make about Adams? What are the results of that election?