(b c1740; d 1806). Polish organ builder. He came from Kalisz but settled in Warsaw (his memorial plaque calls him ‘organifex varsoviensis’), where he built and overhauled several instruments. Active also in the vicinity of Warsaw, for example in Łowicz in 1797, he often made long journeys in Poland and abroad, building new cathedral organs in Włocławek (1800–1) and Breslau (now Wrocław; 1801). Some of his instruments, for example those in Koło (1783) and Borek (1799), both near Poznań, survived until the 20th century: that in Borek was dismantled in 1948. They were apparently well built and musically satisfying, which would account for the good reputation that he enjoyed in his time among his countrymen as well as among German builders in Silesia.