|Reviewing Marketing Journal Articles
Below are detailed instructions for students who wish to satisfy a portion of their REP requirements by reviewing marketing journal articles.
Step 1: Please visit the following website immediately to register:
On the home page you will see a “Welcome to the Research Experience Program” message. Click on the “New Participant?” link to request a participant account. When you register on the website, it is important to accurately enter your name, user ID, UTA email address, student ID number, and course and section number.
Step 2: Please choose an article from any one of the journals listed below. The article you choose should be published in 2012 or later. Please choose a subject area that is interesting to you. You can find these journals on UTA’s website at: http://library.uta.edu/.
Journal of Consumer Research
Journal of Marketing
Journal of Marketing Research
Journal of the Academy of Marketing Science
Journal of Advertising
Journal of Advertising Research
Journal of Consumer Psychology
Journal of International Business Studies
Journal of International Marketing
Journal of Personal Selling and Sales
Journal of Public Policy and Marketing
Journal of Retailing
Step 3: Provide a two-page review of the article, following the below instructions.
(1) Place the following header on top of the page: “REP Article Review Option (MARK 3321)”.
(2) Indicate the author(s), the title of the paper, the journal title, the publication year, the volume, the number, and the page numbers. Make sure that you have thoroughly read the article.
(3) Explain the main research question(s) and purpose of the study. If the authors have proposed and/or tested hypotheses, summarize the proposed hypotheses.
(4) Explain the research methodology used. If the authors have collected data, indicate the number of studies and the sample size of each study.
(5) Briefly summarize the findings reported. If the authors have proposed hypotheses, indicate whether support was found for each hypothesis.
(6) Briefly explain the implications of this article. How does it help marketing managers, consumers, or other constituencies?
Step 4: Your two-page review of the article should be single-spaced, using 12- point font, with 1-inch margins on all sides. In the upper left corner, provide your name, student ID, class, and section. Your review must be typed, hand-written reviews will not be accepted.
Step 5: Submit your completed article review in the front office of the Marketing Department (COBA 234) to Malori Melugin or Laura Wilcox. Do not submit your article review to your MARK 3321 instructor! The deadline for submitting article reviews is 5:00pm on Friday, April 25, 2014. No late papers will be accepted.
Please note that the article reviews must be your own work and that no collaboration is permitted. Any student involved in academic dishonesty will be disciplined in accordance with University regulations and procedures (Regents’ Rules and Regulations, Series 50101, Section 2.2). Discipline may include suspension or expulsion from the University.
Share with your friends: