“Inherit the Wind takes place in Dayton, TN. Click on the website http://law2.umkc.edu/faculty/projects/ftrials/scopes/dayton.htm to learn about Dayton in 1925.
1. What are some things you learned about Dayton?
Section 3: Evolution vs. Creation
Often referred to as the “Great Debate,” Evolution vs. Creation is a question of origin. Click on the websites http://law2.umkc.edu/faculty/projects/ftrials/scopes/scopes.htm and http://www.darwins-theory-of-evolution.com/ and answer the following questions:
1. What is the theory of evolution?
2. Who discovered the theory of evolution?
3. What is the theory of creation?
4. Where does the theory of creation come from?
Section 4: The ACLU
Click here http://www.aclu.org/key-issues to answer the following question:
1. What is the ACLU? What is their goal?
Click here http://law2.umkc.edu/faculty/projects/ftrials/scopes/scopes.htm to answer the following question:
2. What was the role of the ACLU in the Scopes Monkey Trial?