Worksheet to accompany the interactive simulation by @russeltarr at www.activehistory.co.uk
Undercover in Imperial Rome, Worksheet 2 ROMAN HOLIDAY
• In this task, you will use the interactive adventure to learn about some of the most interesting and important sights and events in Imperial Rome.
• You will use your findings to produce a tourist brochure designed to attract intrepid time travellers to visit Imperial Rome for themselves!
Task 1: Research using the simulation
• As you journey around Imperial Rome using the ActiveHistory simulation, make notes on some of the main places you visit. Choose two sites in each category to make notes on.
• TIP: Remember that you will be using this information to produce a tourist brochure. So focus on what makes these things so interesting and impressive!
Task 2: Independent research If you have sufficient time, conduct your own independent research on other features of Imperial Rome which are not covered in great depth in the game, for example:
| food | games | music | dress | trade | education |
| calendar | numerals | literature | army | empire |
Task 3: Tying it together
• Produce a tourist brochure designed to advertise a Time Traveller’s Holiday to Imperial Rome. Have different parts of the brochure focus on different types of places. Make it clear why Rome is so interesting, important and exciting!
Extension Task: What did Rome NOT have?
Imagine an area has been cleared and you need to build something on it. What would it be? Who would you dedicate it to? What would be the latin inscription?