What this means: Identifying both similarities and differences in the traditions of various groups of people. • Explore how religious freedom has evolved in the United States.
• Explain the effects of stereotyping and prejudice, racism and discrimination.
• Analyze how contact between white settlers and American Indians resulted in treaties, land acquisition and Indian removal.
• Analyze the factors that contributed to the enslavement of African-Americans in North America and the resistance to slavery.
• Describe the historical limitations of the participation of women in U.S. society and their efforts to gain equal rights.
• Explain how the diverse people of the United States developed a common national identity.