Give your evaluation of the strengths and weaknesses of the article.
• How well does the author achieve his or her purpose?
• Does the article provide trustworthy information or a credible point of view?
What errors in reasoning or other weaknesses do you find?
Point out any examples of bias, distortion, or sensationalism.
Are there any significant omissions from this article?
• How does this article compare to others on this topic?
Are you aware of any sources that contradict this article?
Does anything make this article more (or less) useful than other sources?
• What impressed you about this article? How has it helped you solve a problem or
changed your thinking? (e.g., This article will help me decide which treatment is right for a member of my family who was diagnosed with…. or “This issue is more complex….)
• Summarize your most important insight(s) or conclusions about the article.
• Give your judgment about whether this article would be useful to others.