Name: __________________________________ Date: _______________ Period: _________ (On-Level) Unit 10: Civil Rights in Texas (Ch. 24-26) - People ID NOTE: An asterisk * means that these IDs cannot be located in your textbook. Also, use your study guide to put the correct TITLE for each ID (if necessary).
ID Name Bank
1. Raymond L. Telles 6. Diane Gonzalez Bertrand 11. James Farmer 16. George H. W. Bush
2. James A. Baker, III 7. Lyndon B. Johnson 12. Henry B. Gonzalez 17. Lulu Bell Madison White
3. Raul A. Gonzalez 8. Scott Joplin 13. Barbara Jordan 18. Walter Prescott Webb
4. Amado Pena, Jr. 9. Horton Foote 14. Phil Gramm 19. Kay Bailey Hutchison
5. Howard Hughes, Sr. 10. Dr. Hector Garcia 15. George W. Bush 20. J. Frank Dobie
__________________________ President after assassination of John F. Kennedy in 1963. Signed
the Civil Rights Act (1964) and Voting Rights Act (1965) into law.
__________________________ Founded the American G.I. Forum to help veterans (especially
Mexican-American) to obtain an education and health care.