Green-e® Climate Agreement for Logo Use by Third-Party Distributor
Each of the above products is Green-e® Climate Certified for sale by Seller in the attached Certification Agreement, and is specifically described in the Green-e® Climate Product Form(s) attached as Appendix A thereto.
D. In the course of its business, Distributor sells, or will sell, the Distributed Product(s) at retail only, for ultimate end-use consumption by purchasers of the Distributed Product(s).
E. The Center wishes to grant Distributor a nonexclusive, nontransferable license to use the Logo in connection with the sale, promotion, advertising and/or marketing of the Distributed Product(s), in accordance with the terms and conditions of this Third-Party Agreement, until this Third-Party Agreement terminates or expires.
Appendix B through Appendix G to the Certification Agreement constitute the Green-e® Climate governing documents, and are each subject to amendment and modification by the Center at any time. Subject to Section 12 of this Third-Party Agreement, Seller and Distributor are each obligated and agree to remain in compliance with the terms and conditions of all incorporated documents as amended or modified.
2. Obligations of Distributor and Seller. Seller and Distributor understand and agree that Distributor will act as an agent of Seller to sell the Distributed Product(s) on behalf of Seller at retail for end-use by purchasers of Distributed Product(s). Distributor understands and agrees to comply with all obligations of third-party distributors set forth in the Green-e Climate Code of Conduct for all sales of Distributed Product(s). For instances in which Green-e Climate Verification activities reveal significant differences between what has been disclosed or sold to customers and what was actually supplied, both Seller and Distributor may be required to make affected customers whole, and/or provide historical disclosure to all affected customers, where necessary. In some cases, Seller and/or Distributor may also be required to offer a refund to affected customers. In such cases, Seller and Distributor are jointly and severally obligated to make affected customers whole, to the extent determined by the Center.
3. Use of Logo by Distributor. The Center grants Distributor a nonexclusive license to display the Logo (as defined in Recital B to the Certification Agreement, which is incorporated herein by reference) in connection with the sale or marketing of the Distributed Product(s). So long as this license is in effect, Distributor is authorized to use the Logo in promotional, advertising and informational material describing the Distributed Product(s). Distributor shall make no other use of the Logo. This license is expressly conditioned on the continued certification of the Distributed Product(s) for sale by Seller, and will continue only so long as the Certification Agreement between the Center and Seller is “in effect.” In the event that this contract is terminated for any reason, Distributor shall cease to use the Logo immediately. This license is non-transferable except as expressly provided herein or as expressly permitted by the Center.
4. Preconditions to Logo Use by Distributor. As preconditions to being granted use of the Logo, Seller and Distributor shall:
A. Deliver to the Center an executed copy of this Third-Party Agreement;
B. Deliver a copy of Appendix G to the Certification Agreement between the Center and Seller, providing complete information for Distributor.
5. Representations, Warranties and Covenants of Seller and Distributor. In connection with its application for certification of sales of Distributed Product(s), Seller and Distributor make the following representations, warranties and covenants during the term of this Third-Party Agreement:
A. Both Seller and Distributor have taken or received all necessary authorizations to enter into this Third-Party Agreement and perform their obligations under this Third-Party Agreement;
B. All of the information regarding Seller, Distributor, and the Distributed Product(s) set forth in the Green-e® Climate Certification Application is true and correct in all material respects as of the date of this Third-Party Agreement;
C. Seller and Distributor agree that Distributor will sell the Distributed Product(s) at retail only, for ultimate end-use consumption by purchasers of the Distributed Product(s);
D. Seller and Distributor agree that Distributor will notify Seller if Distributor sells a multi-year product within 30 days of such sale;
E. Seller will both purchase and/or create, and transfer and/or retire on behalf of all purchasers of the Distributed Product(s), GHG emission reductions in the amounts and proportions necessary to meet their obligations to customers purchasing the Distributed Product(s);
F. Both Seller and Distributor will at all times remain in full compliance with all of the requirements of the Green-e® Climate Code of Conduct, including without limitation disclosing all information required by the Green-e® Climate Code of Conduct;
G. Subject to the provisions in Section 7 of this Third-Party Agreement, both Seller and Distributor agree to provide or authorize the release of all such data or other documentation as the Center may reasonably request from time to time in order for the Seller, Distributor and/or the Center to comply with the verification and compliance procedures applicable to the Distributed Product(s) as set forth in the Green-e® Climate Code of Conduct;
H. Seller will pay all applicable fees set forth in the Green-e® Climate Certification Fee Structure, as required by the Center;
I. Seller will provide the Center with prompt notification in writing of material changes to the Distributed Product(s) from the description in the Green-e® Climate Certification Application, and will make any such changes in a manner consistent with the Green-e® Climate Code of Conduct.
6. Representations and Warranties of the Center. The Center represents and warrants to Seller and Distributor that the Center has all trademark, copyright and other intellectual property rights to the Logo necessary to authorize Seller and Distributor to use the Logo as provided in this Third-Party Agreement. The Center further represents and warrants that it has full right and power to enter into this Third-Party Agreement.
7. Confidentiality. The Center acknowledges that printed and electronic data and other documentation provided to it by Seller and Distributor under this Third-Party Agreement may include information relating to Seller, Distributor, or the Distributed Product that is considered by Seller or Distributor to be confidential or proprietary in nature (“Confidential Information”). All information provided by Seller or Distributor to the Center shall be considered by the Center to be Confidential Information, unless the information is clearly and conspicuously identified otherwise. Unless otherwise directed by a court or other legal authority, the Center, its agents and employees shall at all times, both during the term of this Third-Party Agreement and after its termination, keep in trust and confidential such Confidential Information. Notwithstanding the above, the Center may 1) track, organize and publish such information in a form aggregated with data from other certified products and in a manner that does not permit identification of Seller, Distributor, the Distributed Product(s) or purchasers of the Distributed Product(s), and 2) publish publicly available information about Seller or Distributor, including all information required by the Green-e® Climate Code of Conduct to be disclosed by Seller and Distributor to customers and/or the public.
8. Indemnity. Subject to Section 22 of this Third-Party Agreement, both Seller and Distributor agree, to the extent allowed by law, to defend, indemnify and hold harmless the Center, its agents and employees against all losses, claims, demands, costs or expenses of any nature whatever, including reasonable attorneys' fees, to the extent incurred by the Center or its agents and employees, which arise directly or indirectly out use of the Logo by either Seller or Distributor other than as permitted under this Third-Party Agreement or out of some other failure to comply with the terms of this Third-Party Agreement. Seller and Distributor are jointly and severally obligated to indemnify the Center as provided by this Section.
9. Term. This Third-Party Agreement shall be effective upon the final date of execution, provided that the attached Certification Agreement between the Center and Seller is in effect, and shall remain effective until the earlier of the termination or expiration of this Third-Party Agreement or the termination or expiration of the attached Certification Agreement. This Third-Party Agreement may be terminated at any time by either Seller or Distributor, which shall be effective upon thirty (30) days written notice to each other party to this Third-Party Agreement. This Third-Party Agreement may be terminated by the Center for Cause as set forth in Section 10 to This Third-Party Agreement.
10. Termination for Cause. The Center may terminate this Third-Party Agreement for any of the following reasons (each “Cause”) upon thirty (30) days written notice to Seller and Distributor:
(i) in the event that Seller or Distributor becomes insolvent; or,
(ii) in the event of a failure by Seller or Distributor to perform a material obligation under this Third-Party Agreement, if such failure is not cured within 30 days of the date of receipt of written notice from the Center demanding such cure and referencing potential termination of Third-Party Agreement.
11. Obligation after Termination or Non-Renewal. In the event this Third-Party Agreement expires or is terminated by Seller, Distributor or the Center for any reason, Seller, Distributor and the Center agree to comply with the requirements of the Green-e® Climate Code of Conduct in effect as of the date of expiration or termination for all units of Distributed Product(s) that have been sold prior to expiration or termination, including providing all necessary materials to and cooperating with the Center in connection with verification, compliance and disclosure. Seller further agrees to pay all fees applicable to units of Distributed Product(s) sold prior to termination or expiration pursuant to the Green-e® Climate Certification Fee Schedule. This section shall survive termination or expiration of this Third-Party Agreement to the extent required for Seller and Distributor to complete their obligations under this Third-Party Agreement, including without limitation Seller and Distributor’s verification and payment obligations with respect to all units of Distributed Product(s) sold prior to termination or expiration of this Third-Party Agreement.
12. Process for Revising the Terms and Conditions of this Third-Party Agreement and other Green e® Climate Governing Documents. The Green-e® Climate Program will continue to monitor the marketplace and may propose revisions to this Third-Party Agreement and the governing documents incorporated herein by reference as necessary. Modifications or amendments may include without limitation changes to the product certification requirements and the list of Endorsed Programs (as defined in the Green-e® Climate Code of Conduct). Any material change to the governing documents incorporated herein by reference will be made with input from program participants and/or stakeholders, including Seller, and will be on a prospective basis only. Such modifications or amendments may become applicable during the stated term of this Third-Party Agreement. The Center shall provide Seller notice of any material modification or amendment to this Third-Party Agreement or the governing documents within a reasonable time.
13. Property Rights and Disclaimer of Warranty. No property rights of the Center, Seller or Distributor, including any trademark or other intellectual property interests, are transferred to any other party through this Third-Party Agreement. Neither Seller nor Distributor is authorized to grant permission to use the Logo to any other third-party. The Center makes no representations or warranties regarding the direct or indirect financial or other benefits to Seller or Distributor resulting from use of the Logo.
14. Assignment. None of the Parties may assign this Third-Party Agreement without the prior written consent of each other party, which shall not be unreasonably withheld, conditioned, or delayed. In the event of a permitted assignment, this Third-Party Agreement and all of its terms shall be binding upon and inure to the benefit of any assignee.
15. Notices. Notices required or permitted under this Third-Party Agreement shall be deemed to have been duly given on the date of receipt, and shall be either served personally or mailed by first-class registered or certified mail, to the parties as provided below, or to such other address, and to the attention of such other persons or officers as either party may designate by notice.
Center for Resource Solutions
1012 Torney Avenue, Second Floor
San Francisco, CA 94129
Seller: _[Name and address of Seller’s contact for receipt of notices] __
Distributor: _[Name and address of Distributor's contact for receipt of notices] __
16. Applicable Law. This Third-Party Agreement shall be governed by and interpreted in accordance with the laws of the State of California as if entered into and fully performed therein without regard to the doctrine of conflict of laws.
17. Entire Understanding Between the Center and Distributor. This Third-Party Agreement, including all documents incorporated by reference herein, represents the entire understanding hereto with respect to the subject matter hereof between the Center and Distributor, and this Third-Party Agreement supersedes all previous understandings or agreements, oral or written, between the Center and Distributor related to the subject matter hereof. This Third-Party Agreement supplements, but does not supersede, the Certification Agreement between the Center and Seller.
18. No Third-Party Beneficiaries. The Center, Seller and Distributor agree that this Third-party Agreement does not create nor shall it be construed to create any rights enforceable by any entity not a party to this Third-Party Agreement, and at no time will any entity be deemed to be a third-party beneficiary under this Third-Party Agreement or to have any contractual relationship with any party pursuant to this Third-Party Agreement. This Third-Party Agreement is for the sole and exclusive benefit of the parties hereto.
19. Counterparts. This Third-Party Agreement may be executed in several counterparts, each of which shall be an original, but all of which together shall constitute one and the same Agreement.
20. Articles and Other Headings. The articles and other headings contained in this Third-Party Agreement are for reference purposes only, and shall not affect in any way the meaning or interpretation of the terms of this Third-Party Agreement.
21. Waivers. The waiver by either the Center, Seller or Distributor of a breach or other violation of any provision of this Third-Party Agreement shall not operate as, or be construed to be, a waiver of any subsequent breach of the same or other provision of this Third-Party Agreement.
22. Limitation on Liability. The Center, Seller and Distributor agree that no party shall be liable to any other party under this Third-Party Agreement for consequential, incidental, punitive, exemplary, special or indirect damages, lost profits or other business interruption damages, whether by statute, in tort, contract or otherwise.
[Name of Representative, Title] Date:
Distributor by: ________________________________
[Name of Representative, Title] Date:
Center by: ________________________________ Date: ____
Jennifer Martin, Executive Director
Center for Resource Solutions
Share with your friends:
The database is protected by copyright ©essaydocs.org 2020