14. The following quotes came from the time period during the Revolutionary War. Who said each of them?
"Don’t fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war, let it begin here."
"I only regret that I have but one life to lose for my country."
Battles of the Revolutionary War
Go to History Place and fill in the blanks with the appropriate words:
15. At dawn on April 19 about 70 armed Massachusetts militiamen stand face to face on Lexington Green with the British advance guard. An unordered “________ ____________ ___________________ __________” begins the _____________________ __________.
24. What was one of the most commonly used (popular) weapons of the Revolutionary War?
25. What was the most powerful weapon used?
26. Name two other weapons used in the Revolutionary War.
27. What young woman posed as a man so that she could serve for the American Army in the War for Independence?
28. What were the names of the two sisters who stole an important message from British soldiers and carried it to General Greene of the American Army?
29. Name one other woman who aided the cause of the American Army.
30. Who made up the Committee of 5 men who drafted the Declaration of Independence?
Fill in the blanks to complete this sentence from the Declaration of Independence:
“We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created ______________, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable rights, that among these are __________, ______________ and the pursuit of ___________________.”
A New Nation 31. On what date was the Revolutionary War officially ended? (When did Congress declare an end to the war?)
32. On what date did Washington deliver his inaugural address in New York City?
33. Who served as President after Washington?
34. What events happened on March 4, 1789, and March 4, 1793? (You will be taken to an Almanac on the CNN site that shows the year as 1998. Ignore the year, click on the specified date, and then click on the link for "On This Day" and you will see the events for that day in history.)
Once, you are finished, Turn-In (100 Points) and play one of the Geography games at www.sheppardsoftware.com
Copyright permission granted from Jan Purnell has been granted for use by students from Powell County Schools only. The original Webquest is found at http:/mrspskids.tripod.com/rwhunt.html