(3) The state gets its authority from the power of
(4) The establishment of an empire will cause
division and chaos.
32 Fascist leaders in Italy and Germany came to
power in the 1920s and 1930s because they
(1) supported the League of Nations
(3) resisted all forms of extreme nationalism
(4) maintained political traditions
32 When some European leaders agreed to Hitler’s
demands concerning Czechoslovakia in 1938,
they were supporting a policy of
(1) détente (3) collective security
(2) balance of power (4) appeasement
49 • The Nazi Party controls Germany.
• Khmer Rouge rules in Cambodia.
• The Sandinistas control Nicaragua.
(1) Civil liberties were promoted.
(2) Voting rights were extended to women.
(3) Leaders won the support of all groups.