41 • The people of Kashmir demand separation
• The people of East Timor vote for
independence from Indonesia.
• The Tibetans resent control of their country by
• The Kurds want to establish their own
different peoples to achieve
(1) free-market systems
(2) democratic governments
(3) social equality
36 Which factor most helped Communist Party
forces gain control of China after World War II?
(1) The United States sent weapons to the
(2) The Japanese gave economic aid to the
(3) The Communists gained the support of