35 What was a major reason for Adolf Hitler’s rise to power?
(2) Germany’s military support of Poland and France
(3) strong German economy
(4) refusal by the League of Nations to admit Germany as a member
Base your answers to questions 44 and 45 on the quotation below and on your knowledge of social studies.
government, doing what it believes is right, allow itself to be criticized? It would not allow
opposition by lethal weapons. Ideas are much more fatal things than guns.”
44 Which political belief would this speaker support?
(1) Societies need war to bring about progress.
(2) Education is a necessary ingredient for a stable society.
(3) All people are born with certain natural rights.