(3) wanted to unify the governments of East Asia
(4) feared the expansion of Nazi Germany in the Pacific
35 The main reason Japan invaded Southeast Asia
during World War II was to
(1) recruit more men for its army
(3) satisfy the Japanese people’s need for spices
(4) prevent the United States from entering the war
World War II
Asia - Japan
47 Which set of events is in the correct chronological order?
(1) Renaissance →Middle Ages → Roman Empire
(2) Treaty of Versailles →World War II → Korean War
(3) Reformation→ Crusades → European exploration of the Americas
(4) Bolshevik Revolution →French Revolution → American Revolution
31 • Japan resigns from the League of Nations, 1933
• Rome-Berlin-Tokyo Axis formed, 1936
• Japan invades China, 1937
• United States places embargo on scrap iron,
steel, and oil exports to Japan, 1941
series of developments?
(1) Manchuria became a Japanese protectorate.