(3) Grain production has no impact on the
(4) Natural disasters have little effect on grain
39 ● Egypt builds the Aswan Dam to control
flooding and produce hydroelectric power.
● China builds the Three Gorges Dam to control
flooding and improve trade.
● Brazil builds the Tucuruí Dam in the tropical
rain forest to produce hydroelectric power.
Which conclusion can be drawn from these
(2) Monsoons are needed for the development of
(3) Topography creates challenges that societies
are unable to overcome.
(4) Land features influence the development of
diverse belief systems.