(2) Today’s environment renews itself.
(3) Only developing nations have environmental problems.
(4) Most environmental problems originate in Europe.
39 How do some Latin American governments
justify the destruction of the rain forests?
(1) Cattle raising, farming, and mining in the rain
forest will help the economy.
(2) Manufacturers no longer use the latex
produced by the trees of the rain forest.
(3) People who live in the rain forest are moving to the cities.
(4) Drug trafficking will decrease when the
protection of the rain forests is gone.
Base your answer to question 38 on the diagram
below and on your knowledge of social studies.
38 Which conclusion based on the ecological cycle
shown in this diagram is most valid?
(1) Grain yields increase as the amount of land