49 • Failure of the potato crop contributes to
• Continued drought overtakes farmlands in Africa.
• Herders search for an oasis for their animals.
Which conclusion can be drawn from these statements?
(1) People can control their environments to suit their needs.
(2) Environmental conditions often cause people to migrate.
(3) Geography has a positive impact on people.
(4) Climatic conditions have led to an even distribution
42 • Nuclear accident at Chernobyl in the former
• Dumping of toxic waste in the ocean
• Cutting down the rain forest in Africa and