(2) signing of the Munich Agreement
(3) building of the Berlin Wall
(4) assassination of Archduke Franz Ferdinand
33 How did geography affect both Napoleon’s
invasion and Hitler’s invasion of Russia?
(1) Deserts made invasion possible.
(3) The tundra enabled the movements of troops.
(4) Warm-water ports prevented the flow of
30 One reason for the outbreak of World War II was the
(2) growing tension between the United States
and the Soviet Union
(3) conflict between the Hapsburg and the
(4) refusal of the German government to sign the
Treaty of Versailles
46 Which geographic factor in Russia played a role
in Napoleon’s defeat in 1812 and Hitler’s defeat at
Stalingrad in 1943?
(1) Siberian tundra (3) arid land
(2) Caspian Sea (4) harsh climate
33 One reason Germany’s invasion of Poland in 1939
was successful is that Poland