(4) collective security
39 How do some Latin American governments
justify the destruction of the rain forests?
(1) Cattle raising, farming, and mining in the rain
forest will help the economy.
(2) Manufacturers no longer use the latex
produced by the trees of the rain forest.
(3) People who live in the rain forest are moving
to the cities.
(4) Drug trafficking will decrease when the
protection of the rain forests is gone.
49 • The Nazi Party controls Germany.
• Khmer Rouge rules in Cambodia.
• The Sandinistas control Nicaragua.
(1) Civil liberties were promoted.
(2) Voting rights were extended to women.