(2) inequalities created by expanding free markets
and global trade
(3) conflict created by the collapse of the Warsaw Pact
(4) results of the failure of dictatorial governments
49 • Failure of the potato crop contributes to
famine in Ireland.
• Continued drought overtakes farmlands in
• Herders search for an oasis for their animals.
(1) People can control their environments to suit their needs.
(3) Geography has a positive impact on people.
(4) Climatic conditions have led to an even distribution
47 Which title best completes this partial outline?
A. Mass starvation in Ireland (1845–1850)
B. Partition of India (1947)
C. Latin Americans seeking jobs in the
United States (post–World War II)
D. Ethnic cleansing in the Balkans (1990s)