4 Civilians were not affected by these disputes.
49 • Failure of the potato crop contributes to
famine in Ireland.
• Continued drought overtakes farmlands in Africa.
• Herders search for an oasis for their animals.
Which conclusion can be drawn from these statements?
(1) People can control their environments to suit their needs.
(3) Geography has a positive impact on people.
(4) Climatic conditions have led to an even distribution of population.
Africa - Problems
39 During the late 1900s, the Sahel region of Africa
has been faced with problems resulting from
(1) increasing desertification
(2) the lack of rainfall from the monsoons
(3) the effects of acid rain
(4) water pollution
43 The late 20th-century conflicts in Rwanda,
Yugoslavia, and India were similar in that each
was caused by the
(1) deforestation conducted by multinational companies
(2) collapse of communism
(3) intervention of United Nations peacekeeping forces