2. An hospital attendant responsible for the nonmedical care of patients, order, and cleanliness
3. A gradual increase in loudness or intensity
Directions: Respond to these questions to the best of your ability. Answer the questions completely. If you need more space, use the back or a separate sheet.
1. Identify one example of simile: explain which two things are being compared.
2. Identify one example of metaphor: explain which two things are being compared.
3. Identify one example of personification: explain what is being personified and how.
4. Identify one example of hyperbole: explain what is being exaggerated.
5. What is the subject of this poem? What is this poem about? Explain your response.
6. What is the tone of this poem? How does the speaker treat the subject of the poem? Refer to text.
7. What is the mood of this poem? How does this poem make you feel? Refer to text in your response.
8. What does this line “Lounge gossiping of guts, and wish it were lunch-time” reveal about the surgeons? Explain your answer.