Minutes Ratified from 5.1.13 General Monthly Meeting and Special Trustee Meeting held on 5.23.13 uploaded to WPA Meetup files
Presidents Report - Nick Caballero - Coordinated with HC Parks regarding Movies in the Park Series. 6 HC Parks to screen movies (Stephen R. Gregg Park in Bayonne, Columbus Park in Hoboken, Lincoln Park in Jersey City, Washington Park in Jersey City/Union City, West Hudson park in Kearny and JJ Braddock Park in north Bergen.
- Met with HC Parks / MKW and Peter Basso met regarding Green Acres Grant and Park Upgrades
- Coordinated a meeting with Mayor Stack, his architect Ralph Tango, Mark Albiez, Ken Jennings, Joe Cechinni and Randy Vonier regarding both WPA and UC park upgrade projects mirroring each other to show a cohesive park design.
* Meeting went very well, other options are now on the table as they solidify we will share the results.
- Helped to plan and organize the details for the Goldman Sachs TeamWorks Day on Friday, May 31st.
- Helped to organize, plan and execute our annual planting in the park program, which was a great success. Special Thanks to all our Trustees, advisors, volunteers and sponsors (my company IFL, Empire Realty and Reliable Wood Products.
Vice President’s Report May 1 - Set up for WPA fundraiser; coordinated with Mory Thomas with Gourmet Dining, HCCC for volunteers
May 2 - Continued set up during the day at Loews; WPA fundraiser in evening
May 6 - WPA Monthly Meeting
May 10 - Attended Grace Church fundraiser
May 15 - LAP Grant Meet and Greet
May 23 - Trustee Meeting
Secretary Report Trustee Meeting Held May 23rd- Minutes posted on Meet up site
Washington Park Association of Hudson County, Inc. Treasurer’s Report January 7, 2013 By Katherine Crawford-Gray
Financial Statements The following figures are based on preliminary reports for 2012. Once the 2012 financial statements have been fully reconciled, a final report will be presented.
For January – December 2012, WPA is reporting (in rounded figures):
The $4,000 projected surplus includes funds that WPA are holding from joint fundraisers with Lowes Theatre (Films) and Riverview Neighborhood Association (Movies in the Parks) Actions for January 2013 are to:
Review the 2012 Financial reports and finalize
Prepare a new chart of accounts for 2013 that are aligned with the EZ-Form 990 that WPA is required by law to submit on the IRS on an annual basis
Prepare budgets for 2013 that identify fundraising goals.
Dave Calton North District Report 3 Burglaries out of 22 in Washington park Area
2 Burglary arrests
Call Patricia Logan regarding crosswalks
License Plates and Car Descriptions
County Engineering regarding Lights and timing at Paterson Plank Rd and Congress
(NJ Transit involved as well)
Other - Dog Run needs to be refreshed
All topics were discussed as listed on the Agenda
Re - WPLIVE! professional Artist and Artisan Food