1. When making a product available on the market distributors shall act with due care in relation to the requirements of this Directive.
2. Before making a product available on the market distributors shall verify that the product bears the CE marking, that it is accompanied by the required documents and by instructions and information in a language which can be easily understood by consumers and other end-users in the Member State in which the product is to be made available on the market and that the manufacturer and the importer have complied with the requirements set out in Article 5(5) and (6) and Article 7(4).
3. Where a distributor considers or has reason to believe that a product is not in conformity with the accessibility requirements referred to in Article 3, they shall not make the product available on the market until it has been brought into conformity. Furthermore, where the product presents a risk, the distributor shall inform the manufacturer and the market surveillance authorities to that effect.
4. Distributors shall ensure that, while a product is under their responsibility, storage or transport conditions do not jeopardise its compliance with the requirements referred to in Article 3.
5. Distributors who consider or have reason to believe that a product which they have made available on the market is not in conformity with this Directive shall make sure that the necessary corrective measures are taken to bring that product into conformity, to withdraw it or recall it, if appropriate. Furthermore, where the product presents a risk, distributors shall immediately inform the competent national authorities of the Member States in which they made the product available to that effect giving details, in particular, of the non-compliance and of any corrective measures taken.
6. Distributors shall, further to a reasoned request from a competent national authority, provide it with all the information and documentation necessary to demonstrate the conformity of a product. They shall cooperate with that authority, at its request, on any action taken to eliminate the risks posed by products which they have made available on the market.