A) This theory is rooted in the conflict perspective because it highlights power and authority differentials in society.
B) According to this theory, people learn the motives and attitudes that go with deviant behavior from other people.
C) This approach is based on the assumption that people are more likely to deviate from societal norms if they are around other people who engage in deviant behavior more often than they conform to societal norms.
D) This perspective was formulated by Edwin Sutherland.
35) One study cited in the text referred to serial killers who kill to rid the community or the world of "undesirable" people as: 35) ______
A) power/control seekers. B) hedonists.
C) missionaries. D) visionaries.
36) By definition, mass murder involves the killing of at least ________ people at one time and in one place by the same person. 36) ______
A) six B) eight C) four D) two
37) As compared with arrest rates for African Americans, arrest rates for whites are: 37) ______
A) higher for nonviolent property crimes.
B) lower for occupational crimes.
C) lower for organized crimes.
D) higher for violent crimes.
38) The definition of murder includes: 38) ______
A) killing in wartime.
B) killing in self-defense.
C) the unlawful, intentional killing of one person by another.
D) the unlawful, unintentional killing of one person by another.
39) Which of the following statements depicts U.S. corporate crime? 39) ______