5. NATHANIEL3 SIPPLE (JOHN'THE ELDER'2, GARRETT1) was born Abt. 1702. He married HANNAH CALDWELL, daughter of JOSEPH CALDWELL and MARY JENKINS.
Child of NATHANIEL SIPPLE and HANNAH CALDWELL is:
i. NATHANIEL4 SIPPLE, JR., b. 28 July 1781, Kent Co. DE; d. 8 August 1850, Kent Co. DE; m. ELIZABETH MEREDITH, 18 December 1811, Kent Co. DE.
6. JOHN'THE YOUNGER'3 SIPPLE (JOHN'THE ELDER'2, GARRETT1) was born Bet. 1699 - 1728, and died Bef. 24 November 1795 in Kent Co. DE. He married ANN HOWARD Bef. 12 May 1749, daughter of ARMWELL HOWARD. Notes for JOHN'THE YOUNGER' SIPPLE:
Residence: 1788 Mispillion Hundred, Kent County, Delaware John made his will 12 Feb 1788; it was proved 24 Nov 1795. In it he mentioned son Zadock; daughters Susannah Sipple and Delilah Harper; heirs of son Caleb; heirs of daughter Ann; granddaughter Elizabeth West; John Virgin;
Joseph Harper. His executor was Zadock; witnesses were Mathias Masten Sr., William Masten, and Mathias Masten Jr. Sources:
Title: Colonial Families of Delaware, Volume: Vol. 1
Abbrev: Colonial Families of DE, Vol. 1
Author: F. Edward Wright
Publication: Family Line Publications, Westminster, Maryland, 1998
Page: page 231
Children of JOHN SIPPLE and ANN HOWARD are:
i. ZADOCK4 SIPPLE, b. Kent Co. DE; Stepchild.
ii. SUSANNAH SIPPLE, b. Kent Co. DE; Stepchild.
iii. ANN OR NANCY SIPPLE, b. Kent Co. DE; d. 1777; Stepchild; m. (1) ELISHA WEST; m. (2) CHRISTOPHER SIPPLE, JR., Bef. 28 February 1769. Notes for ANN OR NANCY SIPPLE:
On 29 Aug 1773 Ann, as Christopher's widow, conveyed land in Browns Neck to James Gordon; the deed explains that on 13 OCT 1770 Gordon had entered into an alienation bond with Christopher. iv. DELILAH SIPPLE, b. Bet. 1737 - 1760, Kent Co. DE; Stepchild; m. JOSEPH HARPER.
9. v. CALEB SIPPLE, b. Abt. 1730, Duck Creek, Kent Co. DE; d. Bef. 12 February 1788, Kent Co. DE; Stepchild.
7. WAITMAN3 SIPPLE, JR. (WAITMAN2, GARRETT1) was born 1702, and died 7 February 1762 in Kent Co. DE. He married MARY HUNN 19 August 1724 in Kent Co. DE, daughter of NATHANIEL HUNN and MARY WALKER. She was born 13 October 1706 in Kent Co. DE, and died 1774. Notes for WAITMAN SIPPLE, JR.:
On 10 AUG 1724 Waitman bought 300 acres on Murderkill Creek from Daniel Needham for 30 pounds. On 11 AUG 1749 Waitman and wife Mary sold to John Hunn, for 30 pounds, their rights in two tracts that Mary inherited from her father, Nathaniel Hunn, who died intestate. Nathaniel had bought the 170-acre tract called Town Point, on the north side of St. Jones Creek, from Isaac Hill. He had bought the 65-acre tract, which adjoined Town Point, from George Newell.
More About WAITMAN SIPPLE, JR.:
Religion: Member of the Duck Creek Monthly Meeting of the Religious Society of Friends. Notes for MARY HUNN:
On 2 SEP 1718 Mary was apprenticed to Anna and Moses Whitaker, her grandmother and her husband.
On 26 MAY 1762 Mary sold to her brother Nathaniel Hunn, for 20 pounds, the land she inherited from her father, 49 acres of a 303-acre tract called "Peters Neck" on the south side of Bawcombriggs Creek in Mispillion Neck. Mary made her will 26 AUG 1767, and it was probated 8 DEC 1774. Her heirs were sons Waitman, Elijah, Jonathan; daughters Ann Furbee, Miriam Barratt; John, Caleb, Garratt, Thomas, Mary, and Elizabeth Sipple, Nancy Mott (children of son Caleb). Executors were sons Jonathan and Elijah. Witnesses were Andrew Butler, John Williams, and Ann Richardson.
Children of WAITMAN SIPPLE and MARY HUNN are:
10. i. CALEB4 SIPPLE, b. 2 July 1750, Kent Co. DE.
ii. MIRIAM SIPPLE, b. 1737; d. 3 August 1800; m. (1) DR. EDWARD WHITE; m. (2) PHILIP BARRETT II, 1755; b. 12 October 1730, Cecil Co. MD; d. 28 October 1784. Notes for PHILIP BARRETT II:
Colonial Families of the United States of America: Volume 3
[p.32] PHILIP BARRATT, of Kent Co., Del., b. in Cecil Co., Md., 12th Oct. 1730; d. 28th Oct. 1784, and buried on his plantation, but subsequently removed to Barratt's Chapel, of which he was the founder. Was commissioned High Sheriff of Kent Co., 6th Oct. 1775, and served until 1779, when he was elected a Member of the Assembly from Kent Co., taking a prominent part until 1783. He owned two sloops, called the “Friendship,” twenty tons, and the “Dolphin,” fifteen tons. His landed estate consisted of 1000 acres of land, surrounding Barratt's Chapel. m. 1755, Miriam SIPPLE, b. 1737, d. 3d Aug. 1800, dau. of Waitman, Jr., and Mary (HUNN) SIPPLE, of Kent Co., Del. She m. (secondly) Dr. Edward WHITE, of Maryland.
More About PHILIP BARRETT II:
Burial: On his plantation, but removed to Barratt's Chapel iii. JONATHAN SIPPLE.
iv. ELIJAH SIPPLE.
v. PRISCILLA SIPPLE, b. 22 December 1741; m. SAMUEL HANSON, 1771.
vi. ANNA SIPPLE, b. 1725; d. 1785; m. UNKNOWN FURBEE.
11. vii. WAITMAN SIPPLE III, b. 1731; d. 1800.
8. SUSANNA3 SIPPLE (WAITMAN2, GARRETT1) died 1787. She married (1) OWEN GRIFFIN, son of MARTHA UNKNOWN. He died Bef. 10 April 1767. She married (2) HENRY KILLEN. He died Bef. 12 October 1786. Notes for SUSANNA SIPPLE:
In 1800 there is a Henry Killen household in Mispillion Hundred, Kent Co., DE, with one male under 10, one male 16-26, one female 10-16, and one female 16-26. Susannah died in 1787 before completing the execution of Henry’s will and a replacement executor, John Warren then became the Executor of both wills. April 10, 1767, which is when Henry Killen and his wife Susannah were named as administrators of Owen Griffin's estate, and they were also mentioned as husband and wife. (See diValinger's Probates, page 227.) Her will was proved April 21, 1787.
Notes for OWEN GRIFFIN:
Calendar of Kent County Delaware Probate Records 1680 - 1800
Griffin, Owen.Admin. of, to Susannah Griffin, widow. April 13, 1767. Arch. vol. A20, pages 218-219. Reg. of Wills, Liber L, folio 25. Note:—This acct. was later administered by Henry Killen and Susanna, his wife.
View Full Context
Notes for HENRY KILLEN:
On page 385 of Calendar of Kent County, DE Probates, by Leon diValinger, State Archivist, is the will of Henry Killen, stating: "Killen, Henry. Yeoman, Will. Made September 20, 1786. Little Creek Hundred. Heirs: wife Susannah; daus. Nancy, Mary, Ruth & Susanna. Exect’x wife Susannah. Probate Oct 12, 1786. Archives Vol A28, pages 180-183, Register of Wills, Liber “M”, Folios 120-121. Note:- Archives Vol A28, page 182 mentions heirs as Mary Killon, Nancy Hopkins, Ruth Dagman, and Susannah George."
Child of SUSANNA SIPPLE and OWEN GRIFFIN is:
i. ELIZABETH4 GRIFFIN, b. Bef. 1767.
Children of SUSANNA SIPPLE and HENRY KILLEN are:
ii. MARY4 KILLEN.
12. iii. NANCY KILLEN, b. Abt. 1770.
iv. RUTH KILLEN, b. 27 July 1776, Kent Co. DE; d. 10 May 1836; m. PETER DAGMAN, 1 March 1792, Kent Co. DE.
13. v. SUSANNA KILLEN.
Generation No. 4 9. CALEB4 SIPPLE (JOHN'THE YOUNGER'3, JOHN'THE ELDER'2, GARRETT1) was born Abt. 1730 in Duck Creek, Kent Co. DE, and died Bef. 12 February 1788 in Kent Co. DE. He married CELIA CLAMPITT Abt. 1748 in Kent Co. DE, daughter of MOSES CLAMPITT. She was born Abt. 1731 in Duck Creek, Kent Co. DE. Notes for CALEB SIPPLE:
Caleb's administrator was Peter Lowber. Sources:
Title: Doris E. Duffie Ancestral Chart (8 Generation), Compiler Address: St. Joseph, Missouri
Abbrev: Duffie Ancestor Chart (8 Gen)
Author: Doris Duffie Finley
Publication: 10 Nov 1977
Title: A Standard History of Kansas and Kansans: Volume 4, Url: http://skyways.lib.ks.us/genweb/archives/1918ks/bios/sipplegk.html
Abbrev: Kansas and Kansans: Volume 4
Title: World Family Tree Vol. 10, Tree 290, Subject: Garrett Sipple Descendants
Submitted by Dorothy L. Nichols, 263 Tanglewood Estates, Selma, AL 36701, Garrett Sipple Descendants, World Family Tree Vol. 10, Tree 290, (Brøderbund Software, Inc., Novato, California, Release date: May 6, 1997), "CD-ROM."
304. Doris Elaine Duffie Finley, Doris E. Duffie Ancestral Chart (15 Generation), (as of 12 Sep 1999), listed date is "before 1774".
Doris Elaine Duffie Finley, Doris E. Duffie Ancestral Chart (8 Generation), (10 Nov 1977).
306. Doris Elaine Duffie Finley, Doris Elaine Duffie Ancestral Report, (letter 13 Jan 1999 to Warren L. Duffie).
307. Submitted by Dorothy L. Nichols, 263 Tanglewood Estates, Selma, AL 36701, Garrett Sipple Descendants, World Family Tree Vol. 10, Tree 290, (Brøderbund Software, Inc., Novato, California, Release date: May 6, 1997), "CD-ROM."
308. Doris Elaine Duffie Finley, Doris E. Duffie Ancestral Chart (15 Generation), (as of 12 Sep 1999), listed date is "before 1774".
Children of CALEB SIPPLE and CELIA CLAMPITT are:
14. i. JOHN W.5 SIPPLE, SR., b. 14 November 1778, Kent Co. DE; d. 15 June 1863, Tuscola, Douglas Co. IL.
ii. GARRETT SIPPLE, b. Abt. 1752.
iii. MARY SIPPLE, b. Abt. 1756.
iv. ELIZABETH SIPPLE, b. Abt. 1758.
v. THOMAS SIPPLE, b. 8 September 1760.
vi. NANCY SIPPLE, b. 2 October 1770.
vii. MOSES SIPPLE, b. 12 July 1774; d. 3 March 1814; m. RUTH HERRINGTON, 11 January 1795.