2) Get on the first train / boat home for a well deserved rest.
DECISION FIVE. You have been in France for a year and are now given the opportunity to take a promotion, and become responsible for some new recruits. However this would mean leaving your friends on the front line for several months, just when you think they need your support. What do you do?
1) Take the promotion - you deserve the rest and you'll get more money too.
2) Reject the promotion - your job is on the front-line, not training new recruits.
A German offensive begins, and they start bombarding your trenches with mustard gas. There are only a few gas masks. What do you do?
1) Grab the nearest gas mask, fighting off some of your fellow soldiers.
2) Get out of your trench as fast as you can.
3) Rip up your clothing, telling your mates to do the same, covering your mouth and nose.
The Allies have decided to retaliate with their own offensive. Your unit has been assigned to the Somme region, for the "big push. On July 1st 1916, you receive the orders to go 'over the top'. What do you do?
1) Go over the top
2) Try and escape - it's probably your last chance.
Take another attempt to get into the stretcher ambulance units.