(* denotes that I do not have the DBQ to run off.)
1976 – Population trends in 19th and 20th century France & Germany and the reactions of various social and political groups to these trends.
1977 – The importance of the SA to Hitler’s rise to power and how perceptions of the group changed. Assess the factors that led to the purge of the SA.
1978 – The education of women from the Renaissance to the early 18th century.
*1979 – Problems of the French government following the revolution of 1848 and the reasons for the rise of Napoleon III to emperor.
1980 – What were the major reasons for the persecution of individuals as witches from the late 15th -17th centuries?
*1981 – Analyze the various views of the peasantry in Western Europe from the 16th century through the 18th century.
1982 – Assess the attitudes and changing views/practices of child-rearing among the English upper classes from the 16th to the 18th centuries.
1983 – Identify the major features that distinguished Flemings from Walloons in Belgium in the 19th and early 20th centuries. What political, economic, and social tensions developed between the two groups.
1984 – Explain the role of the German army in the development of the German aircraft industry between 1908 – 1918. Did the army support or hinder the technological development and the production of aircraft.
1985 – To what extent did changing views on the causes of juvenile crime affect legal treatment of the juvenile in 19th century Great Britain?
1986 – Analyze the various pressures exerted on the British Liberal Government in regards to the Sudan Crisis.
1987 – Literacy in Old Regime France and how these views changed.
1988 – Analyze the issues surrounding the sale of gin in 18th century England and the issues surrounding the Gin Act of 1751.
1989 – Women’s suffrage and perceptions in 19th century Europe.
*1990 – Analyze the changing opinion of the monarchy in France from 1700 – 1815.
1991 – Analyze the various views concerning the issue of slavery during the Enlightenment and the French Revolution.
1992 – Analyze the various debates and issues over Pan-Slavism in the late 19th/early 20th century.
1993 – Renaissance education and how its values and purposes have changed over time.
1994 – Controversies over the relationship between the Irish and the English from 1800 – 1916.
1995 – Discuss the various issues and debates over outbreaks of the plague from the 15th to the 18th centuries.
1997 – Analyze and discuss attitudes and reactions toward the participation of women in the sciences during the 17th and 18th century.
1998 – Describe and analyze the views and problems in the German States before the revolutions of 1848.
1999 – For the period 1861 to 1914, analyze how various Russians perceived the condition of the Russian peasantry and explain how they proposed to change that condition.
2000 – Analyze the purposes that rituals and festivals served for traditional European life.
2001 – Analyze the ways in which various people viewed the character and condition of the Greeks in the Ottoman Empire during the Greek movement for independence.
2002 – Analyze fascist Italy’s population policy and individual’s reaction to it.
2003 – How did the French view the Vichy Regime from 1940 – 1944?
2004 – Analyze the various perceptions of the poor in Europe from 1450 – 1700.
2005 – Analyze western European unity from 1946 – 1989.
2006 – How did Europe perceive the role of organized sport during the period 1860 to 1940?
-Over the past thirty years the DBQ has had 16 questions related to a social history topic, 12 traditional political history topics, and two cultural history topics.
- Over the past six years 3/6 questions have been traditional political history questions.
- Over the past thirty years there have been 14 questions addressing long-term historical phenomenon, in which you are asked to address time covering more than a century, or across centuries. IT IS IMPERITIVE IN THESE QUESTIONS THAT YOU SHOW CHANGE OVER TIME!
- Over the past thirty years there have been 17 questions addressing short-term historical phenomenon, or events. Short-term would be less than 100 years of time, and have usually encompassed a 50 year time span.
- Over the past six years 4/6 questions have been short-term.
- Over the past thirty years there have been 16 questions that have addressed the 19th, or 20th centuries, and 4/6 of the past six years have addressed the 19th/20th centuries.
- Generally, there has been little repetition in regards to topic. There have been several questions addressing the lower classes/peasantry/poor and women's history, but for the most part the sky is the limit for topic.