Constitutional Democracy: Direct democracy
Navigate this page:
Vocab to know APGoPo
– Government in which citizens vote on laws and select officials directly.
– Government in which the people elect those who govern and pass laws; also called a republic.
– A government that enforces recognized limits on those who govern and allows the voice of the people
to be heard through free
, fair, and relatively frequent elections.
– The set of arrangements,
including checks and balances
separation of powers
, rule of law,
, and a bill of rights, that
requires our leaders to listen
, think, bargain, and explain before they act or make laws. We then hold them politically and legally accountable for how they exercise their powers.
– The idea that the rights of the nation are supreme over the rights of the individuals who make up the nation.
– The idea that a just government must derive its powers from the consent of the people it governs.
– Governance according to the expressed preferences of the majority.
– The candidate or party that wins more than half the votes cast in an election.
– Candidate or party with the most votes cast in an election, not necessarily more than half.
y – Government
by religious leaders
, who claim divine guidance.
Domain -> Dramatic shift in American Society which spawned numerous changes to the status quo, though in some cases this idealistic outpouring of principles was tempered
Domain -> In 2004, some 180 married couples in Beijing, China, stood before a picture of their country’s ancient sage, Confucius, and took an oath, pledging fidelity to each other and promising never to divorce
Domain -> Week of: September 8-12, 2014 Teacher: Kindred Team: U. S. History
Domain -> Project: the trial of andrew jackson
Govt -> LBriones First Amendment apgoPo
Govt -> Ap government & Politics Spring 2015
29885 -> Congressional activity worksheet Presidential activity worksheet The following specific items
29885 -> Policy Vocab & Statutes apg economic & Regulatory Policy: Public policy
29885 -> Selective Incorporation apgoPo Excerpt of the text of the Fourteenth Amendment
29885 -> Guide to Basics
Share with your friends:
The database is protected by copyright ©essaydocs.org 2020
civil rights movement