9. Tulit ergo Moses virgam a conspectu Jehovae, quemadmodum praeceperat ei:
10. And Moses and Aaron gathered the congregation together before the rock, and he said unto them, Hear now, ye rebels; must we fetch you water out of this rock?
10. Et congregaverunt Moses et Aharon congregationem ante petram, dixitque illis, Audite nunc o rebelles, Nunquid de petra hac educemus vobis aquam?
11. And Moses lifted up his hand, and with his rod he smote the rock twice; and the water came out abundantly, and the congregation drank, and their beasts also.
11. Et elevavit Moses manum suam, percussitque petram virga sua duabus vicibus: tunc egressae sunt aquae multae, et bibit congregatio ac jumenta eorum.
12. And the Lord spoke unto Moses and Aaron, Because ye believed me not, to sanctify me in the eyes of the children of Israel, therefore ye shall not bring this congregation into the land which I have given them.
12. Et dixit Jehova ad Mosen et Aharon, Propterea quod non credidistis mihi, ut sanctificaretis me in oculis filiorum Israel, idcirco non introducetis congregationem istam in terram quam dedi illis.
13. This is the water of Meribah; because the children of Israel strove with the Lord, and he was sanctified in them.