21. Surrexit itaque Balaam mane,et stravit asinam suam, et perrexit cum principibus Moab.
22. And God’s anger was kindled because he went: and the angel of the Lord stood in the way for an adversary against him. (Now he was riding upon his ass, and his two servants were with him.)
22. Iratus vero est furor Dei quod ipse iret cum illis: stetitque angelus Jehovae in ipsa via, in adversarium illi: ipse autem equitabat super asinam suam, et duo pueri ejus erant cum co.
23. And the ass saw the angel of the Lord standing in the way, and his sword drawn in his hand: and the ass turned aside out of the way, and went into the field; and Balaam smote the ass, to turn her into the way.
23. At videns asina angelum Jehovae stantem in via, et gladium ejus evaginatam in manu ejus, declinavit ilia e via, et ivit in agrum: itaque percussit Balaam asinam ut declinare faceret eam in viam.
24. But the angel of the Lord stood in a path of the vineyards, a wall being on this side, and a wall on that side.
24. Stetitque postea angelus Jehovae in semita vinearum: maceria una erat hinc, et maceria altera inde.
25. And when the ass saw the angel of the Lord, she thrust herself unto the wall, and crushed Balaam’s foot against the wall; and he smote her again.
25. Videns vero secundo asina angelum Jehovae, coarctavit sese parieti, coarctavit quoque pedem Balaam ad parietem: propterea addidit percutere cam.
26. And the angel of the Lord went further, and stood in a narrow place, where was no way to turn either to the right hand or to the left.
26. Addidit praeterea angelus Jehovae transire, et stetit in loco angusto ubi nulla erat via ad declinandum sire ad dextram sire ad sinistram.
27. And when the ass saw the angel of the Lord, she fell down under Balaam: and Balaam’s anger was kindled, and he smote the ass with a staff.