Use complete sentences if needed The Civil War 1861-1865 Webquest Type in the following web address, feel free to look at the images and read the information http://amhistory.si.edu/militaryhistory/exhibition/flash.html Click on Civil War 1861-1865 on the timeline 1. How many Southern states left the United States?
2. How many years did the Civil War last?
3. How many Americans served in the Civil War?
4. How many Americans died in the Civil War?
5. How many Americans were wounded during the Civil War?
Click on Begin 6. List the dates of the Civil War:
Click on Transcript 7. What were some of the major differences between the North and the South by the start of the Civil War?
8. Who was elected President of the United States in 1860? What did seven Southern states decide to do?
9. What fort was attacked in 1861 and thus starting the Civil War?
Click on Enter the Exhibit Click on John Brown 10. What did John Brown fight against in Kansas?
11. Why did John Brown go to Virginia in 1859?
12. What did John Brown and his followers try to take over in Harper’s Ferry?
13. What happened to John Brown and his followers at Harper’s Ferry? Click on John Brown’s Sharps Rifle 14. What upsetting event did John Brown see at age five?
15. What did the Kansas-Nebraska Act of 1854 allow these two territories to decide?
16. What nickname did Kansas receive during the fighting?
17. How did antislavery forces hide their guns when they shipped them from the Northeast to Kansas?
18. How many people did John Brown and his followers kill at Pottawatomie Creek?
19. Why did John Brown have 950 pikes made?
Click on Belt Revolver 20. How many Belt Revolvers did John Brown buy and send to Kansas?
21. Who provided money and weapons to “Free Soilers” in Kansas?
Click on Slave Collar 22. What were slave collars used for?
Click on Proceed to the Next Section Click on The Civil War Begins 23. On what day and year did the Civil War begin?
24. List the four states that joined the Confederacy after the attack on Fort Sumter?
25. What percent of the popular vote did Abraham Lincoln receive in the 1860 election?
26. What strengths and weaknesses did Abraham Lincoln have?
27. Who became President of the Confederacy?
28. What were the strengths of the Confederate President?
Click on 1860 Campaign Ribbon 29. What was the Republican viewpoint on slavery in the 1860 election?
Click on the Union is Dissolved Broadside 30. What was the first state to leave the Union during the Civil War?
Click on Confederate Printing Press Proof Sheet 31. How many different types of Confederate money were used during the Civil War?
32. What happened to the value of Confederate money during the Civil War?
33. How many Confederate states printed their own money during the Civil War?
Click on Proceed to the Next Section Click on the Battle of Bull Run 34. What side won the Battle of Bull Run?
35. What were the weaknesses of the Confederacy?
36. What was the Confederate strategy to win the Civil War?
37. What were the major goals of the Union to defeat the South?