1. What were some of the successes of the Revolution's emphasis on equality? Failures?
2. What happened to slavery in most Northern states following the conclusion of the war?
3. What was the role of women following the Revolution? What was the importance of the state constitutions following the Revolution?
4. Why did the founding fathers avoid the slavery issue?
5. What were some of the reasons the American Revolution was able to avoid the violence associated with the French Revolution?
6. What were some of the strengths of the nation as it became independent?
7. What was the compromise that needed to be reached for the Articles of Confederation to be ratified?
8 . What were the strengths and weaknesses of the Articles of Confederation?
9. What was the Northwest Ordinance?
10. How did France and Spain treat the new nation in the 1790s?
11. What was the major debate regarding the effectiveness of the Articles?
12. What was Shay's Rebellion? Its significance?
13. Who were the leading men of the Constitutional Convention? What was the occupation and social status of these men?
14. Why was the Constitutional Convention originally called into session?
15. What was the Great Compromise?
16. How did the founders decide the president would be elected? Why?
17. How did the founders deal with the slavery question?
18. Why did many oppose the Constitution as it was originally written?
19. What were the Federalist Papers? Purpose? Authors? Significance?
20. Who were the men who opposed the Federalists? Why?
Articles of Confederation
Land Ordinance of 1785
Northwest Ordinance of 1787
New Jersey Plan
“The Federalist Papers”