1. The largest early Mesoamerican city was Teotihuacan
2. The most important city of the Toltecs was Tula.
3. The influence of the Maya on the Toltex can be seen in the similarities between Tula and the Maya city of Chichen Itza.
4. The Toltec state collapsed by around 1175 because of a combination of civil conflict and nomadic incursion.
5. Mexica were the people who were later called the Aztecs.
6. The word Aztlan means “ the place of the seven legendary caves”.
7. the capital of the Aztec empire was Tenochtitlan.
8. The chinampa system refers to the Aztec practice of dredging fertile muck from the lake’s bottom
9. The Aztec expansion began under Itzcoatl.
10 At its high point the Aztec empire contained a population of around 21 million.
11. in regards to political structure the Aztec empire had no elaborate bureaucracy.
12. In regards to military structure the Aztecs did not even keep a permanent standing army.
13. In the Aztec social hierarchy most of the honors and rewards went to the military elite.
14. Rulers among the Mexica were chosen by a council made up of the most successful warriors.
15. Women in Aztec society played almost no public role.
16. A Mexica woman who died in childbirth won the same fame as warriors who died valiantly in battle.
17. The primary role of women in Mexica society was to bear children.
18. Mexica priests had great power as advisors to the rulers.
19. Most Mexica slaves were not foreigners, but Mexica.
20.When the Mexica migrated to central Mexico they adopted cultural and religious traditions shared by the peoples of Mesoamerica.
21 Tezcatlipoca was the patron deity of warriors.
22. Most Aztec human sacrifices were in honor of Huitzilopochtli.
23. the Aztecs viewed human sacrifice as an essential ritual to insure the world’s survival.
24. North American societies developed on a relatively small scale.
25. The Pueblo and Navajo peoples of the American southwest lived a settled, agricultural existence.
26. the five Iroquois nations were the Mohawk, Oneida, Onondaga, Cayuga and Seneca.
27. Cahokia was the North American mound which was the third largest structure in the pre – Columbian Americas.
28 The North American Indian societies possessed no form of writing.
29. The kingdom of Chucuito was located in South America.
30 The capital city of Chimu was Chanchan.
31 . The ruins of Chanchan reflect a wll defined social order.
32. The most important ruler in the expansion of the Inca empire was Pachacuti.
33. The Inca imposed order by taking hostages from the conquered tribes’ ruling classes.
34. The Inca quipu was a mnemonic aid consisting of small cords with knots.
35. the capital of the Inca empire was Cuzco.
36. Inca rulers deliberated stat policy in the presence of the mummies of the predecessors .
37. Then Inca sun god was Inti.
38. The cultural and religious traditions of the Australian aborigines did not diffuse much beyond their own regions.
39. The Hawaiian class of high chiefs were known as the Ali I nui.