Chapter 1, Introductory Cases Dublin Small Animal Clinic, Inc. 1 page; introductory



Download 76.24 Kb.
Page51/56
Date25.01.2021
Size76.24 Kb.
1   ...   48   49   50   51   52   53   54   55   56

3 pages; intermediate

Revenue recognition


This problem requires students to record revenue and notes receivable for a land sale where the buyer pays 10% down and signs a 5-year note for the remaining 90% of the purchase prices.

Best uses:


Undergraduate intermediate accounting

First-year MBA/Executive MBA Financial accounting

Financial reporting

Use with:


Revenue Recognition (A) or (B) (Chapter 3)

  1. Brief Excel Case: Revenue recognition (B)

2 pages; intermediate

Revenue recognition


This problem requires that students prepare financial statements for a direct-response marketing firm where direct-response marketing costs must be recognized immediately or over an extended period. Students are then asked to compare the two methods.

It also requires students to prepare financial statements for a retail firm that sells extended warranties. The first set of financial statements must report extended warranty payments as revenue on the date of sale. The second set of financial statements must report amounts received for extended warranties as revenue during the periods when the firm expects to incur extended warranty costs. Students must then compare the two methods.





Share with your friends:
1   ...   48   49   50   51   52   53   54   55   56




The database is protected by copyright ©essaydocs.org 2020
send message

    Main page