Board Meeting Minutes 2-21-15



Download 28.66 Kb.
Date06.04.2021
Size28.66 Kb.

Board Meeting Minutes 2-21-15

In-attendance: Kyle, Neil, Matthew, Sarah, Hayden

Not in-attendance: Doug, and Delilah

Assistants: Garret, Kela, and Ellen



Meeting started at 1:10 pm

  • Doug is sick, and Delilah is working

  • We introduced the assistants to the board

    • Garrett is assistant Fundraising

    • Kela is assistant Promotions

    • Curtis is assistant Sport

    • Ellen is assistant Music (she is running late)

  • From this day forward Hayden will be referenced as “Turbo” in meeting minutes

  • If someone on the board could get a PO form for the gift cards to Jeff, Tom, and Gavin to South Fork for installing the new board

    • $25 each, $75 total

  • We need to get CBI submissions for our radio shows

    • Best Interview

    • Best Comedy Segment

    • Best Promo

      • KUGR legal IDs?

    • Best play-by-play

    • Going to re-anounce the CBI segments to the DJs at the mid semester meeting

      • This way current board can set a precedent

  • Promotional purchasing

    • This is a healthy reminder for Sarah

    • She and Kela could tag team it

    • Sarah has three separate websites for bottle openers

      • Plastic openers at $0.70 a piece

      • Only would be the block letters, not the logo

  • Research into new automation system

    • Everyone on the board is welcome to look into this

    • Matthew has all of the information from the automation system operators from CBI

  • Blog content (KUGR website)

    • We want to increase the content on the website

      • General manager shouldn’t have to do it

      • Having the meeting minutes from each department on the website in a post

        • This way DJs have easier access

      • As well as something KUGR related, and related to the

        • Make them a contributor that way editors and admins can post it

        • Each director would have an account

    • Sarah removed the gear tab and added the committees tab

      • Each committee has a sub Tab

      • We also have a station history sub tab

        • Neil has a good monologue about the station’s history and should right it.

  • Different promotional ideas

    • April fools mixtape

      • List 12-13 funny songs, but only play “Never Gonna Give You Up” by Rick Astley

      • We would list all of the songs on the cover

        • And then have the Weird Al versions of the songs

    • Sarah could table Wednesday, April 1st

  • Rock automation

    • If Hayden can finish the transition to rock by the end of March we could have a mixtape of all our rock songs.

  • Sarah, and Kela (or Neil)

    • Banner hunt

      • We still need to find a reasonably priced banner

      • Hayden found a 3’ x 8’ black banner with the logo for $30

        • bannersonthecheap.com

          • Neil and Matthew wants to do more research on this company

    • Darin wants to do another one time allocation to get us onto the cable system

      • Could attach the banner to this allocation, or to the current one

        • Sarah feels like using the current one is the best idea

    • Sarah also wants a red table cloth with block letters for tabling

  • Tom has a new phone he could give us

    • Just needs something to make it work

      • Perhaps a battery?

  • Loud Speaker Lunch Hour

    • Darin would like to have this back

    • Admin won’t let us do it from 12-1

      • Darin says Com 300 can deal with it

    • Would blast music from the studio onto the mall

    • Turbo says we have one issue is having show’s during that time, because the mics turn off the studio stereos

      • Matt says to announce it before hand

        • Turbo says we could create a 10-15 second PSA announcing the loud speaker lunch hour

          • Would have multiple PSA’s play after every 2-3 songs

          • Directors would record the PSA’s

1:40 Ellen Gordon arrives

We are taking a recess at 1:45 pm



Meeting resumes at 2:00 pm

  • Mom’s weekend photo booth is coming up in two months

    • Tori (Neil’s girlfriend) has offered to let us buy her printer

      • Going to need to buy:

        • Picture paper

        • Ink

        • A way to hand pictures to the customers:

          • Envelopes

          • Plastic sleeves

          • Folders

          • Something like

        • Inventory check of what we have

          • Papers

            • Full size printer

            • 4 x 6

          • Ink

    • Neil would like to have a design or the KUGR Mom’s Weekend shirt by the end of February

  • We could still hand out mixtapes to CDs on the mall for tabling

    • Ellen, Hayden, and the music committee need to make the playlist for the CDs

  • Darin is putting us on the cable system

    • It’s happening

    • Has someone on the hook to donate the funds to pay for it

    • Matthew is 100% behind it if Darin can get it funded

    • WSU is changing its cable system from Direct TV and Time Warner to an IP system

      • Could have webcams in the studio broadcasting video from shows

        • Public access slides could run when no one is in studio

        • Webcams would broadcast when people are in studio

          • Every show DOES NOT have to be sent out on the cable network

          • Still subject to approval

            • Pretty much up to 15-16 BOD to do.

  • We are hoping to upgrade the budgets so we can send people to both the men’s and women’s basketball tournaments

  • Board bonding

    • Laser tag

      • Tuesdays $20 from 7-11 for all you can play laser tag

    • $2 bowling on Sunday nights at Zeppoz

    • Out of board members pockets

      • And assistants

    • Find a time we are available and we will do it

  • Spring cleaning/prepping the wall of fame

    • Going through files

    • Criteria for who needs to go up on the Wall of Fame

  • Music Director update

    • Hayden (Turbo) will not be doing KUGR next academic year

      • Has over extended himself

      • Says Ellen is more than capable to take over next year

    • Neil motions to make Ellen the official Music Director for the 2015-16 school yera

      • Kyle seconded

        • Motion passes 5-0-2

        • She will take over in May

          • The process for finding Ellen’s assistant is now underway

            • Won’t start until August

  • We technically can’t use iTunes to buy music for the station

    • We need to use iTunes as music storage

    • Using the CDs we already have in the music room

      • We will try to find a new way to get music for the station before the seniors graduate in May, 2015

  • We got a website comment from Ryan Caraveo

    • Caraveo is performing at Stubblefields on March

    • Is interested in doing an interview with DJ Twisted Beats (Justin)

      • All parties are interested

      • The interview will take place on March 21st in the studio

        • Will record the interview, and then also play it on the day of the concert (March 26th)

        • Will also have him do a legal idea

      • Caraveo’s agent found out about DJ Twisted beats through the KUGR website

  • Propel shops shut down on Monday

    • Neil wants to run a poll to see if there is a market to run a webstore

      • New stores all cost $$$ per month

      • We would have to do the inventory and send it out somehow

  • Matthew talked to Darin

    • He has graphic designers in his back pocket

    • Kyle and Matthew would like a KUGR sports specific logo

      • Would have a minimum of basketball, baseball, football, and soccer

    • Matt would be interested in getting audio from Pac-12 networks and tape delay it…then lay it late at night

  • Aaron and Eli lost the recorder power cord

    • Eli left ASU after the game ended, Aaron packed up after the game

      • Still waiting to hear from Jessica (SID for MBB) ended up in the lost found

      • Kyle is looking if we can buy a new cord

        • Aaron and Eli are willing to reimburse for the cord

        • Probably under $20

    • Could we buy another set of live equipment to recording of games

      • Sooooo much nicer than using the recorder equipment

  • For Chinook year book

    • We will be using the board of directors picture

    • Also need descriptions

      • Matthew has delegated this to Sarah

    • Need to get it to Brie by Monday

Ellen left at 2:50 pm

  • Doug has a list of four things he needs to do

    • These are all related to Tesia:

      • 1) Is Tesia okay with us borrowing the camera for the photo booth, or does she want to take the pictures?

      • 2) Has Tesia finished the bylaws? We need them now whether or not they are finished.

      • 3) Is she willing to do a photo shoot for the new board?

      • 4) Does Tesia need dates?

    • For Doug:

      • 1) Need him to make a list of things he did as web director

    • Needs to be done by next board meeting, March 1st.

  • To the white board:

    • Hayden hasn’t had a chance to go grocery shopping to price out picture frames

    • Promotional items

    • Hayden motions to order seven port authority hard shell jackets for $392 plus shipping and tax

    • Beanies

      • Do we want them on this order, or not?

        • Sarah wants to order it now

      • 50 beanies for $430 at $8.60 per unit ($430)

    • Rally towels

      • 50 units for $2 a unit ($100)

      • Do we want the KUGR sports logo on it, or the regular station logo?

        • We will go with the regular station logo

    • PJ pants

      • 25 units for $16.50 a unit ($412.50)

    • T-shirts

      • 50 mens (DT104C)

        • White and Red

      • 50 womens (DM104L)

        • White and Red

    • Laptop/Sleeves

      • 25 unites for $10 a unit ($250)

    • New Era stretch caps

      • 25 unites for $10.98 a unit ($274.50)

  • Matthew motions to table stretch caps until we have a sports logo

    • Neil seconds

      • Vote passes 5-0-2

  • Sarah motions to table beanies until a later date

    • Matthew seconds

      • Vote passes 4-0-3

  • Sarah motions to order 100 towels

    • Neil seconds

      • Vote passes 5-0-2

  • Sarah motions to table PJs until a later date

    • Matthew seconds

      • Vote passes 5-0-2

  • Matthew motions to buy 10 laptop sleeves, 5 10.5” and 5 14.1” sleeves

    • Sarah seconds

      • Vote passes 5-0-2

  • Matthew motions for a $850 budget for 100 rally towels, 10 (Combined) tablet sleeves, and seven board jackets from Don’s Group Attire

    • T-shits will be a separate line item/motion

    • Sarah seconds

      • Vote passes 5-0-2

  • Security cameras, Matthew wants Hayden to look for the cameras at Walmart

  • Cake pops will be brought to the fridge in the office

    • Sarah hasn’t heard back about tabling

    • We still have 90 cake pops

  • Starlla has sent the check to Team Gleason, they probably have it

  • Automation transition is still underway, and it’s slow going.

  • Mid-semester meeting

    • After spring break would be preferable for Matthew

    • Would Thursday work for DJs?

    • Thursday March 26th at 7 pm in Murrow 307

  • Pong tournament needs to be moved after spring break (Fundraising)

  • Banquet date will be decided next week

  • Studio directions have been printed and are posted

  • We’re gonna see if we can get it to talk to people through the board

  • Vandalism

    • There was some vandalism in on Matthew’s studio signage

    • Matthew Carelson was warned about it.

  • Darin asked if we wanted to do anything for ASWSU debates in the future

Meeting adjourned at 3:50 pm


Share with your friends:




The database is protected by copyright ©essaydocs.org 2020
send message

    Main page