Bartók, György (George) (Málnás, Transylvania, now Malnas, Romania, 27 April 1845 - Kolozsvár, now Cluj-Napoca, Romania, 19 December 1907) – Bishop of the Reformed Church in Transylvania, (Erdély, now in Romania). He attended elementary school in his birthplace; then studied at Sepsiszentgyörgy (now Sfintu Gheorge, Romania) and Nagyegyed (now Aiud, Romania), where he taught after finishing his theological studies. In 1872 he registered at the University of Tübingen, Germany and earned a Ph.D. in Philosophy in 1874. He was the Bishop’s secretary in Kolozsvár and was Minister first in Nagyenyed in 1876, then in Szászváros (now Orastie, Romania) in 1893. He taught at the Theological School of Nagyenyed during 1889-1893 and 1895-1896. He was elected Bishop of the Transylvanian Reformed Diocese (Erdélyi Református Egyházkerület) in 1899, and as Minister of the Congregation of Kolozsvár in 1900. He was a member of the Hungarian Protestant Literary Society (Magyar Protestans Irodalmi Társaság), and edited the Church and School Review (Egyházi és Iskolai Szemle) (1876-1883). He wrote numerous articles and essays. – B: 0931, T: 7103.