AYSO Coach Code of Conduct The AYSO Coaching Program is designed to develop good soccer players who have a positive image of themselves, their teammates, coaches, game officials and opponents. Coaches are expected to set the best example for the participants. Coaches are expected to maintain the highest standards of conduct and good sportsmanship at all times.
1. Coaches will always make safe instruction, development of skills, teamwork, good sportsmanship and a fun environment the principal goals of the team.
2. Coaches will always treat their players with kindness and patience. They will commit to building player self-confidence and ability through positive direction and good sportsmanship. Sideline participation shall be limited to positive instruction and encouragement. Excessive coaching from the sidelines is strongly discouraged.
3. Coaches will always play by the rules of the game.
4. Coaches will recognize that children learn differently and will do their best to meet each player's needs.
5. Coaches will never lose their temper. Offensive, insulting or abusive language is forbidden.
6. Coaches will always treat their fellow coaches with respect and cooperation.
7. To the best of their ability, coaches will communicate clearly to players and parents about the team's goals and expectations.