Identify the choice that best completes the statement or answers the question. 1. Colonists in both the North and the South established differences in all of the following areas except
patterns of settlement.
allegiance to England.
2. Henry VIII aided the entrance of Protestant beliefs into England when he
allowed Martin Luther to journey to England.
broke England's ties with the Roman Catholic Church.
removed himself as the head of the Church of England.
ordered John Calvin to go to Switzerland.
supported the Puritans.
3. Match each colony on the left with its associated item.
A-3, B-2, C-4
A-2, B-3, C-1
A-4, B-1, C-2
A-1, B-4, C-3
A-3, B-2, C-1
4. The Mayflower Compact can be best described as a(n)
agreement to follow the dictates of Parliament.
document that allowed women limited participation in government.
constitution that established a working government.
complex agreement to form an oligarchy.
promising step toward genuine self-government.
5. With the franchise in Massachusetts extended to all adult males who belonged to Puritan congregations, the proportion of qualified voters (approximately 2/5) in this colony as compared to England was
about the same.
a great deal smaller.
6. People who flouted the authority of the Puritan clergy in Massachusetts Bay were subject to which of the following punishments?
the area was less ethnically mixed than its southern neighbors.
frugality became essential to economic survival.
hard work was required to make a living.
diversification in agriculture and industry were encouraged.
40. The impact of New England on the rest of the nation can best be described as
confined primarily to New England.
APUSH Chapters 3 & 4 Quiz
Answer Section MULTIPLE CHOICE 1. E